Click to see the Special Sessions
Special Session on Selected COST (CO-operation in Science and Technology) Actions
COST (CO-operation in Science and Technology) is a pan-European intergovernmental framework dedicated to networking activities for European researchers, engineers and scholars to jointly develop their ideas and new initiatives across all scientific disciplines through trans-European coordination of nationally funded research activities. COST has been contributing since its creation in 1971 to closing the gap between science, policy makers and society throughout Europe and beyond.
The COST session will familiarize the participants with the COST framework and the possibilities to create or participate in COST Actions. This will be achieved by a short introduction to COST by a COST representative and by presentations of Chairs or Vice Chairs of COST Actions active in research areas addressed by the MELCON 2016. The latter presentations will highlight recent scientific achievements by the Actions and will discuss open questions in their respective research areas.
A draft programme of the session could be:
- Presentation of the COST framework by a COST representative
- Prof Pedro Assuncao - IC1105 “3D content creation, coding and transmission over future media networks (3D-ConTourNet)”
- Dr Julius Georgiou - IC1401 “Memristors - Devices, Models, Circuits, Systems and Applications (MemoCiS)”
- Prof Gildas Avoine - IC1403 “Cryptanalysis of ubiquitous computing systems (CRYPTACUS)”
- Prof Moritz Riede - MP1307 “Stable Next-Generation Photovoltaics: Unraveling degradation mechanisms of Organic Solar Cells by complementary characterization techniques (StableNextSol)”
- Question and answers, opportunity to network.
- Virtual Environments, 3D Simulations and Serious Games
- Micro and Nano Electronic Systems
- Security and Networking
- Electric Power Systems and Renewable Energy Sources
Dr. Ralph Stübner, Science Officer
COST Association | Avenue Louise 149, 1050 Brussels | Belgium
Tel: +32 (0) 2 533 38 26 | Fax: +32 (0) 2 533 38 90,
[email protected] | www.cost.eu